The first premium wireless aviation headset, Tango blends outstanding noise cancelation, renowned Lightspeed comfort, and wireless convenience. With no cables to get in the way and critical controls-including volume and ComPriority™ -located on the headset, Tango creates an entirely new level of flying enjoyment and untethered freedom.
- Lightspeed Link™ technology -At the heart of Tango is Lightspeed Link. Developed by Lightspeed engineers to ensure the reliable communication pilots demand, the Lightspeed Link is not Bluetooth or WiFi, but incorporates existing technologies chosen for both signal reliability and audio quality for the aviation environment. The Lightspeed Link connection is so robust, as many as six Tango headsets can be operated in the same aircraft, letting everyone onboard experience the true freedom of wireless flight.
- Panel interface -The panel interface is the vital hub of the Lightspeed Link system, routing communication between the headset, the intercom, and auxiliary devices. Wrapped in an attractive and durable case, it houses the lower cable, which is adjustable to 31 inches. Weighing just under nine ounces and with multiple mounting points, no upper cables and critical controls located on the headset, the panel interface can be mounted conveniently and securely in any aircraft.
- 21st century power-In yet another Lightspeed first, Tango is the first aviation headset powered by rechargeable lithium ion batteries, a power source trusted in countless critical applications. Lightspeed's rechargeable lithium ion batteries deliver twelve hours of continuous operation while offering earth and wallet friendly reusability in a compact size.The Tango dual-port wall charger can quickly charge both the headset and panel interface batteries at the same time, providing 75% charge in less than an hour and a full charge in two hours. The batteries can also be charged while the headset is in use or easily replaced on the go. The battery for the headset and panel interface are interchangeable, and spare batteries can be purchased separately.
- Built-in redundancy -The panel interface also stores the backup cable, easily available for uninterrupted communication, in the event the batteries become depleted.
- Outstanding quiet -Tango delivers the advanced noise cancellation you expect from Lightspeed.
- Remarkable comfort-Tango features plush ear seals with large openings and nearly 10 square inches of surface area for a better seal and greater distribution of side pressure.
- FlightLink compatible -Capture and retrieve incoming and outgoing communications with Lightspeed's free FlightLink recording app for the Apple® iPad® and iPhone ® via the supplied patch cable.
- Choice of auxiliary inputs -Enjoy excellent call clarity, music fidelity, and access to critical alerts from aviation apps on mobile devices using either the supplied patch cable or Bluetooth ®.
- ComPriority™ -Never miss important radio communications with patented ComPriority, which lowers the volume of any auxiliary device automatically during radio or intercom transmissions.
- Auto Shutoff™-Lightspeed's proprietary Auto Shutoff feature saves battery life by automatically shutting down the headset and Panel Interface power when not in use.
- Reversible microphone -A unique design allows microphone placement on the left or the right.
- Included -Custom moulded carrying case, music patch cord, cord clip, two lithium ion batteries (spare one included with LEMO panel power headsets), two charging cables, dual-port wall charger.
- Available Configurations -Dual GA battery power (rechargeable lithium ion); LEMO panel power *; U-174 (heli) battery power (rechargeable lithium ion) .*Panel power is only provided to the panel interface. The headset still requires a rechargeable lithium ion battery (included).
- 30-day money back guarantee-Lightspeed Aviation headsets are designed to be the best available anywhere, for any price. But we know that every cockpit and pilot is different. That's why we offer a 30-day money back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, return the product for a full and prompt refund.
- 5-year warrants.
THE CFI & PRO PILOT PROGRAM APPRECIATION
QUALIFYING FLIGHT INSTRUCTORS OR PROFESSIONAL PILOTS WILL RECEIVE A MANUFACTURER ' S REBATE OF $100 USD WHEN PURCHASING A ZULU 3 OR WIRELESS TANGO ®.
Although the rebate amounts are the same for both flight instructors and professional pilots, the eligibility requirements differ. In addition to a copy of their sales receipt from an authorised Lightspeed dealer showing the purchase of a new Lightspeed headset within 30 days of application, they must submit the following to Lightspeed:
- A copy of their CFI license or other official documentation showing government authorisation to instruct student pilots.
- A recent page from their logbook showing instructional flights.
- A copy of their ATPL/CPL ATP or commercial pilot certification (or equivalent in your country).
- A copy of their ID showing proof of current employment as a professional pilot
CFI and Pro Pilot Appreciation Program rebates cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon, rebate, trade credit, or discount offers on Lightspeed headsets.